Patriotic Ice Cream Cone Balloons
DIY Projects, Styling and Text by Hostess with the Mostess
When it comes to 4th of July treats, I scream, you scream, we all scream for… PATRIOTIC ice cream! These stars, stripes, and sprinkles-bedecked balloons are super easy to make – not to mention too cute to eat! Use them as festive accent decor at your red, white, and blue themed party, ice cream social, or play date. ENJOY!
- Balloon Time Helium Tank
- 12-inch red, white and blue balloons
- Baker’s Twine (or other string)
- Printable patriotic cones
- Paint pens
- Craft poms
- Using a lightweight paper stock, print and cut out the Patriotic Ice Cream Cones. Roll them into a cone shape and secure the cones with tape.
- Fill the 12-inch balloons generously with helium and tie on the balloon strings.
- Thread each balloon string through a paper cone, then slide the cone up to meet the balloon. Secure the rim of the cone to the balloon with tape.
- Use paint pens to add “sprinkles” to the top of the ice cream balloons, then glue on craft poms to act as the “cherries” on top.
Note: Adult supervision is required when using balloons. Please read all warnings and precautions on the Balloon Time carton.