Play these fun games at your Over the Hill Party
This project is part of the Retro Party for Adults series.
Take advantage of any memorabilia your family may have saved in the basement for all these years! Make your guests feel as though they’ve stepped into a time machine with our tips for decorating your retro party.
- Popular board games from era of party
- Index cards
- Empty bowl
Instructions for Decade Trivia :
- Do a little online research and make up your own trivia game. Write interesting facts about popular songs, movies, famous people, and infamous events on index cards.
- Split players into two teams, and ask them questions pertaining to your facts.
Instructions for Guess Who’s Turning 40? :
- If this party is to celebrate a milestone birthday, find out which famous people were born in the same year as your guest(s) of honor.
- Mix them up with other famous people not born in the same year.
- Split players into two teams, and have them guess which is correct. It’s always a surprise to find out who else is turning 40, 50, 60, and up.
Instructions for Ten Years from Now :
- Split players into two teams.
- Have players make up predictions for the guest(s) of honor 10 years from now, such as, “You will have traveled the world,” “You will be grandparents,” or “You will own your own company.”
Instructions for Remember When… :
- Have guests write a fond or funny memory of the honoree on an index card.
- Collect the cards, mix them up, and place them in a bowl.
- Read one memory at a time, and have the honoree guess who wrote it. This will be sure to drum up some interesting and entertaining conversations!
To follow along with the theme, get your hands on an old Polaroid camera and pass it around the party! You can scan the photos to keep forever.
Check out our other tips to complete your Retro Party theme: Invitations and Decorations.
Note: Adult supervision is required when using balloons. Please read all warnings and precautions on the Balloon Time carton.