Make Your Own Fiesta Balloon Ceiling
DIY Project, Styling and Text by Studio DIY
Photos by Mary Costa Photography
Celebrate Cinco de Mayo with a fiesta full of color, confetti and balloons from top to bottom! More is more with this celebration, and that goes for the color palette, the balloon ceiling and the margarita bar, too. Let’s fiesta!
- Balloon Time Helium Tank
- Latex balloons (various colors)
- Gold ribbon
- Papel picado
- Gold fringe garland
- Painter’s tape
- Start by deciding where you want your table, dance floor or whatever is going to be underneath this ceiling to be.
- Then hang your papel picado and garlands from the ceiling at varying heights and angles. I used a small piece of painter’s tape to secure mine, but you could also tie them to nearby hooks or curtain rods. Make sure that they are high enough that everyone can safely walk underneath.
- Inflate as many balloons as possible and tie each with gold ribbon. Let them float up to the ceiling and trim any strings that are too long.
- Decorate your table or other party set-up underneath. We chose a colorful runner, planted cacti in emptied sauce cans and added a maraca at each place setting!
Note: Adult supervision is required when using balloons. Please read all warnings and precautions on the Balloon Time carton.