Snow Globe Balloons
Party, Styling, Text and Photos by Sara Schmutz of Confetti Sunshine
Snow globes are a favorite item at our house. My children love to watch the snow, and as soon as the snow has reached the ground, they quickly shake the globe back up to watch it all over again.
There is something so magical and wonderful about snow, whether in a globe or outside. We’ve had a few good snow storms this year, so far, and it always puts me in the mood to cuddle up, read a book, or do a craft. So when the first snow day of the year rolled around a few weeks ago, I knew it would be the perfect opportunity for the kids to create these adorable balloon snow globe craft. (Finally, a snow globe I didn’t have to worry about them dropping!)
- Balloon Time Helium Tank
- Buffalo snow
- White tissue paper
- Variety of acrylic paints
- Empty water bottle or funnel
- Paint brushes
- Make your snow confetti mix by shredding your white tissue paper and mix it with the buffalo snow. The buffalo snow will help give the balloons a glittery snow look, but the tissue paper actually sticks to the walls of the balloon better, so it’s nice to have a mix of both for your balloon snow globe.
- To stuff the balloon, you can either use a funnel or cut the top off of an empty and dry plastic water bottle. Wrap the end of the balloon over the small opening of the funnel or water bottle and push some of your snow confetti mix into your balloon. Aim for about a tablespoon of snow confetti per balloon.
- Use your Balloon Time Helium Tank to inflate your confetti stuffed balloons and tie off with string. Repeat until you have all the balloons you need for your snow globe craft (ideally, 1-2 per child).
- Get out the paint brushes and acrylic paints. Let your children paint their little winter village or forest on the outside of their snow globe balloon.
- Let the paint dry on the balloons.
- After the paint has dried, the kids can shake their balloons up and watch the snow fall onto their little village. After such a fun and pretty craft project, it makes me wish we could have snow days everyday!
Note: Adult supervision is required when using balloons. Please read all warnings and precautions on the Balloon Time carton.