Make a Splash with this Under-the-Sea Party
Who says you need to travel to a tropical locale to experience the sea? Employ some creativity to turn your home into an unforgettable underwater adventure, complete with bubbles, seashells, and lots of colorful fish.
- Balloon Time Helium Tank
- Latex balloons – assorted shades of blue, and contrasting bright colors (orange, pink, yellow)
- Ribbon – assorted shades of blue
- Permanent markers – assorted colors
- Stickers – facial features for fish, optional
- Crepe paper streamers – assorted colors
- Seashells – real or plastic
- Swim goggles/dive masks
Instructions for Decorations:
- Inflate all blue balloons using your Balloon Time Helium Tank. Let some float around the room to create your underwater setting. Use ribbon to secure balloons.
- Using seashells from a past vacation or a craft store, anchor some of the blue balloons to the ground. Try placing them at various heights to achieve the feel of real bubbles.
- To add some fish to the setting, inflate your bright, contrasting balloons. Using permanent markers or stickers, create faces for each fish. Use strips of crepe paper streamers to tape onto the fish for fins and tails. Reference animated fish from your child’s favorite underwater movie to get ideas for different personalities. If using other materials than crepe paper, be sure to keep them light so they don’t weigh down your fish.
- Tie curling ribbon to the tail of the fish, where the knot on the balloon is. Pull the ribbon to the underside of the fish’s belly, and tape it down. Anchor with a seashell, so they float horizontally instead of vertically. Scatter the fish throughout the waves so they can swim around.
Instructions for Costumes:
- Have your guests bring any goggles, masks, snorkels, or flippers they may already own. Provide additional items for those who don’t have their own.
- Encourage kids to wear the gear and pretend they are snorkeling in the sea!
- If parents are attending, invite them to wear any silly scuba gear, too.
Note: Adult supervision is required when using balloons. Please read all warnings and precautions on the Balloon Time carton.